Thursday, October 20, 2011

Protein Smoothie For Everyday

I am absolutely addicted to protein smoothies especially after a run or a workout to help aid with recovery. I have one almost everyday. It metabolizes fast and still keeps you satisfied. I make my own for two reasons; 1) I can control the ingredients that are in it; and 2) it's more cost effective if I consume one daily. You may have noticed by now that I am a huge fan of Trader Joe's. It just fits my thrifty style and still has pretty healthy offerings. So you will not be surprised that the ingredients to the smoothie recipe included below can all be found at your local Trader's.

I came across this smoothie recipe on my fav website www.gabbyreece360.com (formerly honeyline.com) about 2 years ago and as always, I put my own twist to it.

Protein Smoothie Recipe

Ingredients

5 cubes of Ice

1/2 cup of Frozen Berries (I like strawberries and blueberries)

8 ounces of Almond Milk (I like vanilla flavor)

1 Banana

2 Tbsp. Protein Powder (I use either Soy or Whey in vanilla flavor)

1 Scoop of Trader Joe's "Very Green" Powder Vitamin (The ideal I like to use available online, is Catie’s Organic Greens, but kind of costly, so I use substitutes)

1 tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter

1 Tablespoon of ground Flax Seed

Instructions: Place in blender in the order listed above. Pulse to crush ice and berries a few times and then blend for just a few seconds. Enjoy!

Opps, forgot to include this in the above picture. This is my go-to, secret weapon for adding more fiber to recipes. Love, love, love this stuff!




Here I am after a run, 6 months pregnant, about to enjoy my wonderful homemade smoothie. Yum! Cheers!


You can double the recipe above and make some for your hubby, kids, or special someone. It's simple, easy and packed with nutrition. You'll be hooked!


***Good to know...
The difference between Soy and Whey Protein:

No comments:

Post a Comment