Sunday, August 7, 2011

French Toast Heaven!



I love Sundays, for that's the one day I really can take time to prepare a special breakfast or brunch for my family. Today I made French Toast and Fresh Fruit Salad. (Child size portion shown above complete with kid friendly plastic plate). Any mom can make this meal and cooking fresh is so much healthier for you and your family than eating out. I feel good giving this to my kids because it's loaded with "good for you stuff," protein, antioxidants, calcium and vitamins. Now I used a white country bread fresh from the bakery, but if you want to be super duper healthy you can make this with whole wheat bread. I believe in the 80/20 rule when it comes to food. 80% good all of the time and 20% ok to be a little bad.

A little tip I learned to make your Fruit Salad look fresh longer (especially the bananas), squeeze a little lemon juice on top and mix lightly. Let's face it, we eat with our eyes, at least I do, and fresh looking is always more appealing. The kids devoured it and time to enjoy the rest of our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment