Tuesday, May 18, 2010

2nd Day of Challenge

Today was tough as far as eating. I'm still getting use to eating smaller meals more frequently. It involves a lot of extra planning on my part. Not only am I planning portions, but also the right variety of foods (big fan of non processed foods, so I try to incorporate fruits and veggies first). The challenge calls for balancing lean proteins, good carbs, and good fats. I did fit in 5 little meals, but still kind of hungry in between. I'm determined to master this because it's not one of those diets that deprive a person, but merely sets you on the right path. Besides, I'm a firm believer in the 80/20 rule...eat good 80% of the time and splurge 20% of the time. I'm looking for a diet that's not a diet, but rather a way of eating for life. Got a 2 mile run in this morning, so kind of on the light side, but better than nothing. I still need to find the courage to incorporate weight training, probably my least favorite to do (been years since I seriously had a routine w/light weights), but I know is a must to be well balanced fitness-wise. My intent is to be healthy and strong first naturally, and if I improve my physical appearance by doing so then that's just icing on the cake. My new assignment is to plan my workouts for the following week. I have already started. Since I have kids, husband and work to juggle sometimes I have to rearrange my workout schedule, but usually I always find time to fit it in somewhere just as long as I write it down---very simple and important key. Looking forward to day 3...H2O challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment